Wednesday, April 20, 2016

So Little


I had never seen such perfect ten fingers and ten toes. She was beautiful and my heart was so full of love. Her beautiful blue eyes. Her cries were strong. We knew right away that she would be strong like her mother. So little but yet she filled our hearts up completely. How could something so little have such an effect on so many people at one time. As we all smiled and continued to talk about this bundle that I had just held it occurred to me that the one that I thought of as my own daughter wasnt a little girl any more. As I turned to look her direction my heart lifted into a state of awe. There she laid with eyes only for this crying bundle at her side. It was as if none of us existed. To feel the love for your own child is amazing but to see the love in your daughters eyes for her child, well it was beyond amazing. All I could do was wipe a tear from my cheek. She was so beautiful. They were so beautiful. I silently watched as she counted ten fingers and then softly lifted the blanket and counted ten toes. The whole time her eyes never drifted from her baby girl. The smile on her face never faded. She had found a piece of this world that she now loved more than life itself. There was not a doubt in my mind that this baby girl would never want for anything. Emmalynna Grace was a true gift and a blessing to her mom and her dad. For when I looked beside Emmalynna's mom it was there that I found her dad and at that moment I knew, this day was just the beginning to a beautiful life.....

1 comment: