Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Loving Touch




Days of hard work and nights of wonderment can occasionally form a hole inside of your heart. The why do I struggle? Why do I try so hard only to feel like a never ending failure? Life gets pretty hard sometimes for the young and the old. I sat and watched the little boy begin to cry. For whatever reason my urge to get up and comfort him was restrained. After only a few seconds I saw a little girl sit down beside him and start to comfort him. She began softly telling him it would be ok. It would be time to go home soon. They only had an hour and mom would be there to get them. Realizing it was his sister I begin to understand why God held me in one place. His tears stopped and a smile came over his face. They began to giggle and then another little boy joined them. It was their big brother.
As I set there and watched quietly my coworker had come out and set beside me. She began to tell me how well I was doing and as she spoke I could feel the frustration and struggle of why do I try begin to soften. I too had been struggling and silently crying, wanting to go home. Life had won a battle in two hearts on this day. For A little boy and a grown woman both were in need of a "Loving Touch" So, next time you may see someone struggling and doubt that you can do anything to comfort them, think again.  All you need is a kind word, a soft smile and a simple tender loving touch to change someone's whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment