Sunday, December 27, 2015

My Greatest Gift



The Preacher asked us to remember what the “Greatest Gift” was that we had ever received. After I thought for a moment several things popped into my mind but the greatest gift for me has been the “Gift of Time.” The time that I was a teenager and my mom and I with some of my friends were heading out of town and we had a flat tire and it stopped us dead in our tracks. I Learned a lot about my mom and how cool she was that day. Another time My friends and I had met my mom for a supper and she tried to convince me we were expecting a little brother or sister. I never laughed so hard in my life. Then there was another time when I was in high school and I was so confused as to where my life was heading. I found myself at the lake with a pole in the water. A man appeared that day and began talking to me about high school and the endless possibilities a life can take. Was he an Angel in disguise...perhaps. I can remember the time spent with my mom when she first got sick. The notes she left me in a notebook beside her bed during her first surgery. She was my Angel and she knew I would gravitate towards being able to write about how I was feeling. That notebook was a moment in time I will never forget. My mother always knew how to share moments in time with me that were forever, even the last hug, a strong and long moment in time that she gave me before she passed away. On another day there was the gift of 17 stones that my son gave to me on Mothers Day to explain our 17 years together. The 9th birthday of a little girl all caught up in smiles along with her first night at the movies and first cook out. The time with the 18 year old and our Art show. Her dresses and hair and multiple dances and pictures. The most beautiful being the birth of the babies into our lives from Zoey, Caedynce and many others, to Maddie, Owen, Austin and then Emma. All moments in Time with Family. The first Christmas's with the ones you love to the 10 year Anniversaries and the beautiful grandchildren and their mamma's and papas. Births and birthdays young and old (Dads 70th) included. All this spent with my partner in crime, sharing the true “Gift of Time” The Ability to love and the Time to do it in! Gods given Treasure! Use it Wisely! It truly is what you make it! What are your gifts of time?


No comments:

Post a Comment