Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Rare Breed

My heart sometimes gets lost in what I am thinking and feeling. If you smile because you haven't heard from a friend for a while, is it wrong. No, I don't think so. Its OK for a friend to make you miss a piece of yourself. My friend brought with him smiles even though I couldn't hear his words. I could read them and remember how he made me feel when we were young. Such a wonderful warm memory of then things that I should have probably said to others that I didn't. There are people in this world that can not ever be replaced. But at certain times in our lives we cross paths. Its kind of Gods way of saying a little reminder to our memories of lives beauties. There is always a little good with the bad and vice versa.My heart holds a footprint for this person that I smile about because even a few words surprised my emotions on how much I missed the times together as we were all kids. A day in the park of watching the guys as us girls or ladies sometimes do. I remember a certain day, a different day, a bike ramp corner next to a picnic shelter. What was he doing? Standing by his bike, sitting on the bike? Only a brief memory without the shape and moves of the details,but it stayed in my memory. It stayed and I guess I lied a little. I do remember hearing that he had moved because I remember being a little sad. I was just starting to really get to know him and then he was gone.
Now I smile but for a different reason. I have never met a man as unique and funny as he appears to be. Real and perhaps OK with what ever mistakes he may make. I love the thought that as I carry this simple memory from the past with me, I NEVER KNEW WHAT AN ENJOYABLE MAN HE WOULD GROW TO BE. I am glad I have had a chance to not miss out on these few days of smiles and chuckles and laughs. If tomorrow was to fade away I would still have the blessing of the older version. Weird as I may be, a tear comes to my eye because my soft heart gets to me. This time Lord, I pray that all will be well and that perhaps this time you may let us laugh and enjoy each others company. Friends are never enough in my life and this one is definitely a rare breed that I Would like to get to know better than the first time. Laughing and smiling is always a way to spend my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment