Thursday, July 29, 2010

Friendship

There are times when I think that all of us can feel so alone that you may think the emptiness inside of you will never leave. Then you have a person in your life that says your name and suddenly you realize that its ok to be in this world without feeling as if you are a complete person twenty four hours a day. When we are alone is when we start to feel all the pain that we have been through over the years. Its like a haunt that never leaves us but gets put on the back burner. Its baggage as some of us call it. Why do we ever have to feel the pain, loneliness or the emptiness. I guess the reason is that if we didn't ever feel the pain we would never experience the awe that comes from belonging and having a sense of fulfillment. Quite often some of us stay so busy in our lives to not allow us to feel what is actually inside of us. We may not do it on purpose but we do it. It could be that its not even being a workaholic. Maybe, its a sense of being a playaholic. Anything just to keep us from feeling what scares some of us. Coming to terms with what makes us who we are. What makes us put our pride on the sidelines and ask for help when we hurt so badly inside at times. My best friend in this world was my mother, but God blessed me with so many friends for so many different occasions. They are like mood changes. A friend for laughter, a friend for being serious and all the other areas of our lives that we encounter. The ones I love the most are the ones that I can talk to after 6 months and more and pick up a conversation right where we left off. They are a kind of soul friend. They know us and love us for all the mistakes that we make and for all the mistakes they make because they know that we are right there with them even if we are miles away. Friendship is more than a word! Its an essence of being whole and complete. It helps us to see ourselves as a person, a human being that is alive and that is allowed to falter and pick ourselves back up again. I have been blessed with so many friends of flavor. I can go home alone but they are only a voice away and sometimes that voice never stops talking to me even when they are miles away. For some of you who are my friends and know all about me are also the ones that can laughingly say; I love you but, I also told you so and even the told you so can be music to my ears. Thank you for not leaving my side even when the times are good because you know I never have to say anything when times are bad because your always holding my hand. Friendship is a moment by moment experience and never leaves us because the memories remind us of how it feels to be complete and the loneliness is only until I am reminded by a voice that I was never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment