Thursday, July 8, 2010

A nutshell

Life can be viewed as a hard candy shell with all of our good tasty little treats inside each bite, but what happens for some of us when the bites are not always good and tasty? They begin to taste like the rest of the other worldly bitter treats. Or in some cases it all becomes tasteless and leaves us moving like a zombie without a rhyme or a reason for a direction. Its a motion that gives us no fulfillment but leads us to small completeness of minute task.
Life is not simple or unpleasurable its the way that we all choose to expose what it holds for us. Can we get lost in the daily motions of struggle? Yes, we can! Can we lose faith in ourselves and those around us? Yes, we can, but its up to us to pick ourselves back up and go forward with what life we have been given. There are people in this world who are begging God for just one more day! Please Lord, give me one more day of sight so I can see my children grow. One more day of hearing so I can hear their voices. One more day of speech so I can tell them how much they mean to me and how much I love them. One more day to feel with every inch of breath that inters my body so that I may touch them and hold them one last time.
When you see life as precious as it could be, why do we sometimes forget that we are part of a daily blessing that we have been allowed to share with other! We are the inside nourishing flavors of all that there is to make the world go around and around. To make each of us human and to form our mere existence! To live is to hold something so precious in the center of our hearts that no one can take it away! The breath that we experience carries with it lessons to be learned. These lessons have ups and downs and all the moments that we exist someone is watching.We must remember that its OK to have a struggle because it makes us stronger and in time defines us. The most important part is that we not only define ourselves but we define those who are watching. For most of us, the ones watching are the ones who are growing with every touch we give them. In a nutshell, its our loved ones that see how we handle life and that's how they base how they will handle life! What kind of view are you giving them?

1 comment:

  1. My view shown is often tainted as I age. Is my age or is my sadness that I see in my daily life with my job and other disappointments. I can create reasons enough to fill a lifetime but what I need to be creating is a view that's worthy for all to see!

    ReplyDelete