Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dea and the Spoon Theory

My mom always told me to say what I am feeling. To express to others while they are with me how much they mean to me. Once they are gone they cant hear or read what I may say and.......if I pass before them then they may never know how impo
rtant they were to my life....so....on this fifth day of thanks giving I need to say that I am the oldest of about 32 grandkids and though each one of my cousins hold a very important place in my heart with many unique and blessing memories of their own....there are two who have taught me about strength and courage and they inspire me to be a better person every day....Dea and Kyle are a brother and sister team that remind me to appreciate my daily life. The struggles they face on a daily basis I cant even begin to imagine. Cystic Fibrosis is what controls their bodies but their hearts are so full of love and laughter and faith that they struggle on despite the challenges that they face just to get through each new day! I have never saw such giving and caring as what I have witnessed Dea to give towards others! She loves when she sometimes barely has the strength to get through the day. Any time I have asked her about her....I always see her courage first and foremost. She doesnt allow her CF to take over. She knows that someone is always watching. Kyle inspires me with his faith in God and the fact that he has told me there is not enough time in this world to waste it being spent on bad thoughts, past wrongs and whatever someone else is doing that they should not be doing. No one is perfect and everyone learns from mistakes but these two....have taught me to think before I speak and to remember that each new day is a gift not a given.....Dea once shared with me a story called the Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino. The story explains what it is like to have something wrong with you that no body else can see. For many if you dont look sick...then they think that you aren't! For those that have Cystic Fibrosis every breath is a trial and a blessing! IN THEIR HONOR PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS STORY "THE SPOON THEORY" http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/ AND DONATE TO YOUR NEAREST CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION! ...I LOVE YOU DEA AND KYLE! THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME BACK AND ALLOWING ME TO SHARE IN ALL THAT YOU DO! I AM SO THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY YOU TWO ARE IN MY LIFE! THE WAY YOU EMBRACE LIFE IS WHAT TEACHES ME THAT EACH NEW DAY......IS A MIRACLE ALL IN ITSELF! :)
The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino | But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with i
www.butyoudontlooksick.com
Please take the time to read Christine Miserandino's personal story and analogy of

No comments:

Post a Comment