Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bit by Bit

I have spent most of the day wondering what inspiration was going to hit me and then over my lunch hour a warm feeling filled my heart up when someone started talking to me. I had not talked to her for a long time and it just felt good to remember the memories from the past. Its not so much about what she had to say. It was more about the connection. When you love someone you either love them whole heartily or you love them bit by bit. The saddest part is that some times those parts fall in and out of your memories for a long time, some reflecting good and some not.
I am the oldest of about 31 grandchildren and I never get to spend enough time with any of them, but I love them more then anything. One of them messaged me out of the blue today on Facebook, (Yes, I do facebook to) and she just started talking. It was almost as if I could hear her and feel her right next to me. All of my cousins hold a special place in my heart but for this one and her sister and brother they hold a very dear place because when I was about 16 years old we all use to live together. Even before that our moms spent a lot of time together so we were close. Any way , over time as we grow older we tend to move apart and move in other directions. I have my family, job and school. She has her family and job and lots of extra activities to keep her busy with the kids and her husband. When I talked to her today the here and the now disappeared and what I saw was the young kids hanging out together. Me loving and wanting to make sure they were OK and them, at the time, hanging on every word I said. I still have the Unicorn drawing in my scrap book that her sister made me. I was told that they still have the Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett scrapbooks that I made them. I have to smile at the thought of all the time we spent together and how no matter how old we get time can never take those memories from us. I must not forget their brother. Together the girls and I broke him from the bottle and potty trained him. Sorry big guy. I just had to include you in that smile. Now they are older in their twenties and thirties and i still miss them by my side. Ill be OK because I still get to share a little piece of their lives once in a while, but I will always long for that feeling of completeness that you obtain when you are a child. For all of you grown ups out there, there is nothing wrong with remembering the past but make it good memories that you hold dear. Bad memories can eat you alive but the good ones they give you hope and remind you that its important to love some one. Even if you only love them for a short time! My inspiration comes from my heart with all the memories that i chose to pull forward. Its up to us to enjoy life, remembering the past and making new memories,hopefully good ones to hold onto when were in our 80's. You decide, but in the mean time, whats your favorite memory? Hold onto it and savor it!

No comments:

Post a Comment