Thursday, May 13, 2010

Listen

Today's been a long day and I find myself very tiring as the day comes to a close. I have worked a full day, completed homework, Zumba class and now more writing and homework. My days seem to fill up quickly and my nights are not long enough to give my body time to rest. My doctor says to slow down because i am not a young chicken any more and I have to laugh because I don't know how to slow down. I have been on the go multitasking for as long as I can remember. I must have at least been seventeen when i got pregnant with my son and started cramming all I could into one day. Back in those days i was a full time mom, worked and went to school to be a CNA. I guess that was my first taste of trying to further my education. I just kept right on going. I will be 43 years old on the 23rd of this month and I keep thinking to myself that if I slow down I will be lost. I would not know how to sit still. My dad always did yell at me to sit down and be still when we were fishing in the boat. Guess that is why I didn't go much with him. My only sense of relaxation usually comes from nature. A walk, swimming, fishing, mowing the grass or just sitting outside listening to the frogs on a summer night. I can barely remember being really little and my family having a bus on a site at a campground somewhere between Kinmundy and Patoka. A lake to swim in and a family by the name of Trout. Most of all I remember the feeling of being safe. The outdoor sounds and the locust shells on the trees. The smell of fresh grass being mowed. Its funny to me how sounds can comfort a persons soul. Still to this day I hear the sounds of the bullfrogs and all I want to do is close my eyes and listen, simply listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment