Monday, May 10, 2010

Gifts from the Heart

My son and Nikki (his fiance) surprised me tonight with gifts from the heart. They gave me the traditional rose of red and blue with Steve barely reaching me to give it to me by midnight. He proudly gave me his gift of love but the best gifts were that they both had made me home made mothers day cards. Strange you may say for grown children in their early twenties to make a card for their mother. Its not strange when work is hard to come by in our area and they know that their is one person why bends over backwards to make sure that they are OK. The words in the cards were inspirational. One of thank yous for taking care of me when my mother is not able to and the other one whisked me away with words of I love you and thank you for never giving up on me. How can you give up on somebody that you believe in your heart and soul has so much potential. I have a love for my son that can never be put into words. He has given me more love and guidance in my life just from his pure existence than any inspiration could bring flight to some of my dreams. God blessed me with him and all the trials that came for a reason. He made me tough so my son could be loving and tough when it counted. On this mothers day, God reminded me that all those moments in my life when I struggled to understand my life and misdirections that all I had to do was remember the legacy that counts. The memories that your children and their friends remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment