Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A simple smile

Today has been one of those days where your whole body is wore out way before the day is over. We had accreditation people in our office today and I actually became amazed at how wonderful the day went. We had meetings throughout the day and I saw people coming together and really working towards a purpose. Mainly, the purpose was to further help the children we serve but it was more than that. It was about team work and helping an agency stand strong. I loved all the interactions and seeing all the people put their effort out to do the best job for their team. there were a few glitches here and there but not many. I also found a nervousness and a camaraderie with my co-workers. I have known from close to the beginning that I work in a good agency with wonderful people but when you see those people accomplish some of their goals its worth all the hard work. Even if those goals accomplished are ones that are just for the day. The gals all pulled together and we did a good job. At the end of the day it was about the agency but it sure felt good to see the smile on our bosses face and to hear her congratulate my co workers and myself for a job well done. My team is awesome, my co-workers fantastic but it takes a wonderful boss to pull it all together and I think that for the first time I am learning about what it takes to be a real leader. A special thank you goes out to God today from me for all the wonderful people I have encountered and for that simple smile I saw on my bosses face as she also saw a job well done by the people she counted on!

No comments:

Post a Comment